The End......

So it's the last day of 2016. It's truly bittersweet. I honestly didn't think I was going to make it to see this day. This year has been one for the books! Here's my moment of transparency......*Its kinda long*

We buried my oldest brother at the young age of 44. I definitely never wanted to see the day any of my siblings died. We miss you so much Scooter.

My mother turned the BIG 60!
My son met most of my family for the first time since he's been born. That was the beginning of me overcoming my fears.

I was served with divorce & child custody papers. Seems like petitions were coming in back to back. In and out of court. Making it very difficult to focus at work, I was losing income & having to take time off. Those legal fees just about cleaned me up. Forced to make the tough decision to move out of my martial home & find the wings to soar on my own.(I'm doing it!) Lots of lonely, sleepless, "eyes full of tears" nights I had. Literally wanting to lay there and just die. My life had changed in an instant and I wasn't sure how I was going to make it to tomorrow.

I had to face & own up to some ugly truths about myself. Thank God for working on me & helping me to start working on myself.

I reconnected with my family after almost 4 years. My little brother got married!

I had coworkers trying to bury me alive. I've forgiven them. Built new relationships and friendships through the church. Idk what I'd do without you guys.

Lost a near and dear family friend so suddenly. RIP Nita. We miss you! Lost one of my close friends just because our paths split. We lost our cousin Cathy to sickness. RIP Cathy. You are missed!

Went through a long and rough busy season at work. 12-16hr days on the clock. Pretty much not having a life and trying to stay focused through everything going on in my personal life. Not even wanting to work, but I had no other choice. So glad that season is over!

So now it's 12/31/2016 and all I can say is I AM GRATEFUL! I'm not ashamed of what I've been through this year. I'm actually thankful. It's built strength, endurance, perseverance, lots of humility, knowledge, wisdom, but most importantly it has forced me to depend on God. His grace, love & mercy is thee only reason I'm still alive today!

Happy New Years's Eve everyone!! 😊🎉 Much love going into 2017. It's gonna be LIT!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letting Go....

I'm not a "victim" of divorce